Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Post Surgery Update 2

Things aren't going quite as well as I had hoped.  I experienced some serious bleeding and clotting yesterday, not normal, for what's supposed to happen.  I thought perhaps my body was trying to regulate itself via menstrual.  I contacted my OBGYN's office and was told to take another HCG test the following day and that if any of my symptoms continued, that I was to head to the ER.  NO!  I don't want another trip! *whines* I feel like I'm practically on a first name basis with those people.  *sigh* Good thing is, the clotting stopped and bleeding slowed to a trickle.  My only side effect from it all has been some fatigue. 

So I let them poke my arm and take some of my life force today.  The results this afternoon? They weren't what I had expected. My doctor called me personally and told me that she didn't see the results she was hoping for, so I needed another blood test tomorrow morning and an ultrasound in the afternoon (in lieu of what had happened the other day). Oh boy...more tests.  More poking and probing? *sigh*  

I know I've needed the blood work for awhile.  I guess from the day of my surgery, I am supposed to get a blood test to check my HCG levels once every week for about 3 weeks or until my levels drop to zero. Then I need them once a week for another 3 weeks, but they have to be zero each week. Then after that, I'm supposed to check once a month for the next 6 months. PHEW! I never thought I'd end up feeling like a pin cushion for medical science. 

I won't deny...I'm scared. I don't want another D&C.  From what I've read, heard and learned, the possibility is there. I've heard of other women having complete Molar pregnancies and having to have 1, 2 or sometimes 3 D&Cs. *grabs abdomen* I'm not sure if I could endure another one.  My biggest fear?  I would need a hysterectomy.  The good thing is, at least I have had the opportunity to have two beautiful children during my childbearing time. These children are the best things to ever happen to me, as well as my incredibly supportive husband. I'm thankful for these blessings. The sad part is that if I end up having to have a hysterectomy, my chances of conceiving another child naturally will be gone. James and I have discussed adoption, but it's still just a thought.  Our main concern is my health and well-being.  

Well, I figured I'd give a little update.  Not sure if it's something anyone wants to hear (sorry about the TMI), but I felt it was needed for myself to have some relief. Count all your blessings, because sometimes, the little ones are the most precious things that life can offer.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment