Saturday, June 13, 2015

Post Surgery Update 3

My goodness! I'm just terrible for not keeping up with this blog. Can you all forgive me? :) So, so much has gone on since then, much of it repetitive.

At first, my doctor believed I might have something called Persistant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease (GTD). This is quite the complicated disease. I had to do some serious research to learn about it and find out what my options were should I have this. Well...if you don't mind reading, here's the link describing what it is, options for recovery and other information:

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/gestationaltrophoblasticdisease/detailedguide/gestational-trophoblastic-disease-what-is-g-t-d

This was quite the eye opener. To follow through with making sure it wasn't this diagnosis, I had to do some more poking. I hate getting poked, but by this point, I'm accustomed to the teeny pin prick. I think what helped is I have been blessed to have some amazing people who know how to draw blood without making a mess or causing me to scream out in "OUCH!" when they go for the poke. In and out in less than 5 minutes. The way it should be. LOL

Well, I've been quiet up until now because I've been keeping up with my weekly testing. The best news? Each test has been showing a decrease in HCG levels. YAY! After that first increase, it just started going back down. Chances are...I don't have GTD. If all goes well, this next appointment (on Wednesday), my levels should be at or near zero. That means that I can finally start moving forward. I want to HEAL.

I write all of this to help bring awareness to the complications that can happen. Learning about Molar Pregnancies and GTD has been difficult,but well worth it. I think it's important to educate yourself on your body and what happens to it. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Always trust your body; your instincts. We've been blessed with the amazing ability to feel and listen to our body and what it tries to tell us. 

I want to thank all those friends, family and acquaintances that have given their love, support and time to our family. It meant the world to us in ways that are hard to put into words. Thank you! The relief my family and I feel now, is enormous. The kids have relaxed and their behavior have improved. James isn't as tense and I'm feeling MUCH better. Here's to healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment